Recently discovered that I’m an INTJ (Meyers-Briggs Typology) and Enneagram Type 1. Me?? Introverted? Yes, yes! I hear people snickering. As if I could ever be an introvert.
See, this is the perception that people have of me. However, actually, it makes a lot of sense as I have always felt the need to be alone. Crowds suffocate. Centre of attention is embarassing. Chit-chat without a point is exhausting. There we go. Bet you did not know that right? Yes, I hide it well.
Anyway, with this new found understanding, I went on a search for what is an INTJ and stuff, and got to this website called INTJ Central and this gem popped up. I HAD to laugh, because it is so true.
Q: What are the pet peeves of INTJs?
A: Thanks for asking. Our pet peeves are:
* We dislike surprises.
* We hate having decisions made for us. We’re INTJs; nobody is more qualified to make decisions than us.
* We dislike getting gifts, as it burdens us with the need to reciprocate.
* We hate small talk, gossip, and relationship/people talk. Really anything mundane is beneath us.
* We get particularly annoyed by attacks on our intelligence, competence, and integrity.
* We hate it when people try to manipulate us.
* Insincerity and lying.
* People interfering with our alone time.
* People who are chronically late.
* People who talk incessantly. We will just engage our “nod and smile” autopilot and mentally go somewhere else.
* People who are stupid, arrogant, opinionated, and/or closed minded.
* Crooked/badly placed pictures.
* Superficiality (body piercings, pimped out cars, brightly colored anything).
* Salespeople. INTJs are immune to emotional manipulation and have zero tolerance for lines of bullshit.
* Incorrect grammar and word usage.
* People who waste our time (see Salespeople, people interfering with our alone time, etc.)
To go to this site, the link is as follows: http://intjcentral.com/manual4